What is the lameness locator?
A computerized gait analysis system
that objectively measures body movement & detects lameness.
Why the Lameness Locator?
- It enables the veterinarian to objectively identify lameness in horses
- Reduces time from evaluation to localization to treatment
- The system provides lameness analysis that indicates
- How severe is the lameness
- Which limb or limbs are involved
- In which part of the gait pain is occurring (impact, push off, or both)
- Real time data collection & comparisons can be made
- After diagnostic blocks (localizing the area of the lameness)
- Before and after treatment (how effective was the treatment)
How accurate is the Lameness Locator?
- The sensors measure up to 20x faster than the human eye can observe
- It Tracks head and torso movement accurately within millimeters
- The system is completely portable and designed to work at the clinic or in the field
- Three small sensors are attached to the horse’s head, pelvis and right forelimb
Applications (When to use it?)
- Horses with mild and or complex, difficult to localize lameness
- Horses with multiple limb and or compensatory lameness
- Quantifying the effects of diagnostic blocks
- Confirming the incidental nature of equivocal imaging abnormality findings
- Documenting soundness and progress of treatment
- Evaluation of poor performance
- Pre-purchase Exams
Graph Report example